This Code sets out the way we expect members to conduct themselves, particularly in respect of keeping confidential their individual usernames and passwords; and the way we will conduct ourselves, particularly when responding to feedback, queries and requests from members. You will also find here the policies regarding privacy, payment and subscriptions and liability for content.
Access to the website www.theriskstore.com.au (and all associated web domains) and its contents, is provided by RISK Pty Ltd (ABN 39 071 471 031) trading as The Risk Store, of Suite 1, 28 Panorama Drive, DIAMOND BEACH NSW 2430 Australia on the following Terms:
Please read these Terms carefully. If you do not agree to these Terms, you should not subscribe or obtain information from, or use the services or products available on or via this site.
Use of the website and its contents is at your own risk. None of RISK Pty Ltd’s affiliates or directors, officers, employees, agents, contributors, third party content providers or licensors makes any express or implied representation or warranty about, or shall be liable, in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise, for any direct, indirect, special or consequential loss, damages or reliance in connection with the website, its use, its content or any products or services (including RISK Pty Ltd’s products or services) referred to on the website.
This includes (but is not restricted to) loss or damage you or your clients might suffer as a result of any of the following:
- Reliance on the completeness, accuracy, suitability or currency of the email or the website or their content (including third party material and advertisements on the email or the website), irrespective of any verifying measures taken by us. The email and the website are designed for general interest only.
Failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, failure to correct defects, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus or other harmful component, loss of data, communication line failure, unlawful third party conduct, or theft, destruction, alteration or unauthorised access to records.
Accessing any sites or servers maintained by other organisations through links on the website or any communication from the website. Links are provided for the convenience of users of the website only and without responsibility for the content or operation of those sites. Unless otherwise stated, linked sites and their products and services are not endorsed by RISK Pty Ltd and your linking to any such site is at your own risk.
The provision of credit card or other financial information, the failure to complete (or delay in completing) any transaction, or other loss or damage arising from any e-commerce transacted or attempted to be transacted on the website.
- Defamatory, threatening, offensive or unlawful conduct of third parties or publication of any materials relating to or constituting such conduct.
Where a non-member becomes a member and gains access to the Member services on the site, the following terms will apply:
- Payment may be made direct from the member’s licensee or organisation in which case there is no financial transaction occurring between the Member and The Risk Store.
- Payment may otherwise be made by credit card debit, via the secure registration section of the site.
- The individual and corporate Member subscription fee is published in the Home Page and Join The Store sections of the site.
- Where payment is made by credit card, the Member’s access will be granted once the credit card debit has been approved and advised to The Risk Store.
- The subscription payment represents one year of access to the site (full or part thereof depending on the membership level chosen) and appropriate notice will be provided near to the expiry of the year so that the Member can renew the subscription.
- Renewal of subscription will require the Member to supply credit card details for the transaction. No credit card details will be held by The Risk Store.
- No refund will apply should a Member not wish to continue to access The Risk Store during the course of a subscription year or if membership is suspended by The Risk Store under this code of conduct.
Members agree to not use the site content to:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any Content that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortuous, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libellous, invasive of another's privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- seek answers to any assignment questions associated with educational courses being undertaken;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the site;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment or Principal/Agency relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
You acknowledge that RISK Pty Ltd may or may not pre-screen submitted content, and that RISK Pty Ltd shall have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to pre-screen, refuse, or move any content that is available via content submitted.
Where queries are of a technical or claims nature and are submitted via the email Technical & Claims Helpline service, The Risk Store will make every attempt to respond directly to the member within one to two working days of the receipt of the query. Where this is not possible, the member will be advised of the expected timeframe for response and a 72 hour turnaround will be aimed for.
Responses will consist of either information on locating the answers on the site; or a 200 word-limited answer; or a combination of both. No answers to questions that are known or thought to be current course assignment questions will be provided.
RISK Pty Ltd reserves the right to alter the terms of the provision of the Helpline service to Members at any time.
The Helpline service is guaranteed to be available for 45 weeks in each year. Members will be advised wherever possible in advance of any period during which the Helpline service is suspended.|
Response to Feedback and Requests
Feedback on the site is always welcome and will be acknowledged as soon as practicable and in any event no later than one working week after receipt of such feedback.
Where a request is received to provide additional content on the site such request will be considered on its merits and will be responded to appropriately but at the most a response will be provided within one working week, advising of the decision whether to produce such content and within which timeframe this will be achieved.
Copyright and Intellectual Property
The material on the website is protected by copyright under the laws of Australia and, through international treaties, other countries. Unless otherwise indicated, all rights (including copyright) in the content and compilation of the website (including emails therefrom, text, graphics, logos, button icons, video images, audio clips and software) are owned or controlled for these purposes, and are reserved, by RISK Pty Ltd or its contributors.
Members may use the content for the purposes of conducting their business but may not without the prior written permission of RISK Pty Ltd and the permission of any other relevant rights owners, broadcast, republish, up-load to a third party, transmit, post, distribute, show or play in public, adapt or change in any way the content of, or create a derivative work from, the email or the website for any purpose other than the purpose clearly described in each section. Any such approved use may not be carried out without acknowledging the source.
This prohibition does not extend to materials on this site which are freely available for re-use or are in the public domain.
Where materials are reproduced with permission of the original publisher, such permission must be noted on any such reproduced material or part thereof.
If you have any doubts about how our material can be reproduced, please do not hesitate to contact The Risk Store with your question/s or to ask for permission.
No trademark or logo (whether registered or otherwise) associated with the site may be used without the prior, specific, written permission of RISK Pty Ltd.
RISK Pty Ltd offers The Risk Store paid members access to content or information not available to non-registered users. If you are a paid member to our emails and/or the website or any of its products or services, you acknowledge that:
- The individual membership subscription you have purchased is for one subscriber and (if applicable) your personal assistant, as the only other person with permission to access the site via your subscriber's username and password.
- You are solely responsible for the protection and confidentiality of your username and password.
- You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your password to any other person.
- Failure to meet these terms will mean suspension of the member's access without notice and without refund of membership subscription fee.
- The price of any member service is subject to change at any time.
- As part of becoming a free or paid member of the risk store, when you register as username and password, you agree to automatically become subscribed to receive our free Risk Read and Checkout email newsletters. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Links to The Risk Store
You are welcome to create links from your website to The Risk Store website. However, you must not use The Risk Store trademarks or logos for this purpose unless you have prior permission from RISK Pty Ltd. These logos files can be obtained from The Risk Store for free.
RISK Pty Ltd will use personal information provided to it only for the purpose for which it was provided, including direct contact by the operators of The Risk Store. Personal information will not be used for any other purpose without the consent of its provider unless RISK Pty Ltd is required by law to disclose that information.
RISK Pty Ltd will not sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing personal information. From time to time The Risk Store subscribers may be invited to respond to market surveys in which information is collected for both RISK Pty Ltd and other organisations. In such cases no personal information will be disclosed by RISK Pty Ltd to the surveying organisation or their client.
RISK Pty Ltd uses reasonable administrative, technical, personnel, and physical measures to safeguard personally identifiable information in its possession against loss, theft, and unauthorised use, disclosure or modification. No data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Remember to close your browser when you have finished a user session. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet café. You as an individual are responsible for the security of and access to your own computer.
RISK Pty Ltd has established an online eCommerce system with RealTime payment options. This is undertaken with Paypal.com and all online transfer of sensitive details will be via their highly secure website. See below for a brief description of the Paypal process and their data storage capabilities, or download the Paypal Public Security policy directly from www.paypal.com
How Secure is the Paypal Payment Platform?
A critical concern for electronic commerce is the secure transmission of data. To protect subscriber data during transmission, PayPal currently states: 'When registering or logging in to our site, we verify that your internet browser is running Secure Sockets Layer 3.0 (SSL) or higher. Information is protected by SSL with an encryption key length of 168 bits (the highest level commercially available).'
However, an even bigger security threat to electronic commerce is the storage of sensitive data. To prevent data compromise in the storage server, data is hosted in Paypal's high-security, fully redundant, risk-free data centre. Paypal stores sensitive transaction information on secure systems that cannot be accessed through the Internet. Furthermore, Paypal uses hardware and software firewall technology and additional encryption technology to eliminate all opportunity for intruders to break into a server and compromise information. PayPal again states: 'Your personal information is stored on our servers and heavily guarded, both physically and electronically. To further shield your credit card and bank numbers, we do not directly connect our firewall-protected servers to the internet.'
Dealings with Advertisers
Your correspondence or business dealings with, or participation in promotions of, advertisers found on or through The Risk Store, including payment and delivery of related goods or services, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and such advertiser. You agree that RISK Pty Ltd shall not be responsible or liable for any loss or damage of any sort incurred as the result of any such dealings or as the result of the presence of such advertisers on the site.
For any questions or issues regarding these terms and conditions, please do not hesitate contact us at The Risk Store - please use the 'Contact Us' link below to send us your message.
The Risk Store Team